Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gone From My Sight



My Mother, Helen  ~ left side     At only 5'0", she was too petite to reach my cheek ;D

To those of you who have been supporting me these last several weeks while my mother has been in Hospice, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You know me well, and therefore understand that it's not easy for me to talk about this. And so I write instead.

I have kept silent to all but a few, not because I don't value you, but because I'm not comfortable when others are uncomfortable. So difficult to know what to say or what to do! Accordingly, I have disabled comments. She is gone now, and I've chosen this particular photo, because a wedding is a special day between mothers and daughters, filled with all the hopes and dreams a mother has for her child! Her only child.


Gone From My Sight

I'm standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

I hear someone say, "She is gone!"  Gone where? Gone from my site, that is all. She is just as large in mast and hull as she was when she left my side, and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me; not her. And just at that moment when I hear it said once again, "There, she is gone!", there are other voices ready to take up the glad shout,
"Here she comes!"

And that is dying ...








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...