Environment Quiz: Test Your Nature Knowledge
Global warming is old news now, but how good is your knowledge of the environment itself?
1) What is the world's tallest mountain from base to peak?
A) Mauna Kea
2) Ozone is made of...
A) an oxygen molecule stripped of 1 atom
B) an oxygen molecule stripped of 2 atoms
C) an oxygen molecule with an additional atom
3) What is the percentage of Earth's water that is freshwater?
A) 3 percent
B) 20 percent
C) 75 percent
4) Acid rain is made of all but which of the following...
5) Americans currently recycle what percentage of our waste, on average?
A) 16 percent
B) 32 percent
C) 64 percent
6) The global average temperature in the past 100 years has...
A) been steady
B) risen 1.3 degrees F
C) risen 3 degrees F
7) The biggest ice sheet in the world is in...
B) West Antarctica
C) East Antarctica
8) How many states does the Appalachian Trail footpath go through?
9) Which is NOT the longest river in the world?
A) The Nile
B) The Amazon
C) The Mississippi
10) The biggest volcanic eruption since 1800 was at...
Answers: A, C, A, A, B, B, C, C, C, B
If you scored a perfect 10, you deserve an honorary Nobel. If you got 7 or better, your middle name is green. Fewer than 7 right? You should get out more often.