Sunday, September 12, 2010

FALL ... WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?

Autumn ... the Year's Last, Loveliest Smile

Fall is a very special time of year to me, and as a Season ... hey, it's just the best!  There are lots and lots of Autumnal quotes, but I think my favorite is "Autumn ... the Year's last, loveliest Smile" by William Cullen Bryant.  It conjurs up such a pleasant mental image.  I'm a big fan of quotations, but as an homage to the season, I just adore this cheerful little poem by Robert Frost -
                                                                    Spades take up leaves
                                                                    No better than spoons,
                                                                    And bags full of leaves
                                                                    Are light as balloons.

                                                                    I make a great noise
                                                                    Of rustling all day
                                                                    Like rabbit and deer
                                                                    Running away.            


Creating an Etsy Treasury is a wonderful way to gather a collection of items around a specific theme.  In this case, I've celebrated my favorite Season through photographs of an eclectic group of items available for purchase on Etsy.



Generated using Treasure Trove by packagery.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...